Workfront, a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution, recently published their 2016 State of Enterprise Work Report (U.S. edition) involving 606 U.S. respondents at companies with at least 500 employees.
As we help drive greater productivity across the enterprise by democratizing relationship data and reducing email workload, we’d like to share key stats from Workfront’s report.
- “When asked what gets in the way of work the most, workers say wasteful meetings (59%) and excessive emails (43%) are the biggest offenders.” This is followed by excessive oversight (42%).
- “One in four office workers are calling for uninterrupted blocks of time to increase their productivity.”
- Other than uninterrupted blocks of time, respondents cited more efficient work processes (23%) and more/ better qualified people and resources (21%).
- “The amount of time office workers have to spend doing their primary job duties decreased in 2016, from 46% to 39%.” This aligns with a report McKinsey’s Global Institute Report highlighted with sales professionals spending 61% of their time on non-sales-specific tasks as highlighted by Hubspot.
- Respondents selected “While it has its moments, I really love things about my job” to the tune of 80%.
- “The overwhelming majority (76%) say the main reason they work is to pay bills. Coming in a distant second (27%) was the mental challenge work provides.”
Check out the report for subjects including:
- The Why Behind Work
- Work Hours
- Work Productivity
- Work Happiness
- Work Tools
- Work Communication
- Work Conflict
- The Future of Work
You can get a copy of the report at Workfront’s website here: https://www.workfront.com/resources/whitepaper/state-enterprise-work/